You may come in contact with typical items, such as Pens, Computer Keyboard, Spoons and Soda Bottles everyday, but how much do you really know about these objects? Many of them are equipped with special features to make our lives much easier. Today we are sharing some surprising things you never knew about everyday objects.
10 Everyday Things You Never Knew Even Had A Purpose
10. Mysterious Pen Hole – On the side of a ballpoint pen, there’s a mysterious hold that has baffled us for years. No, it’s ot a blow hole. It’s actually a ventilation hole. In the case of a pen, so much pressure begins to build up. Without those tiny holes in place, the Ink would be unable to flow from the pen properly.
9. The Bumps on “F” and “J” – Take a look at your desktop or laptop keyboard. You probably notice there are tiny bumps on the “F” and “J” keys. These bumps physically remind you where to place your index fingers on the keyboard. The bumps guide your hands to back to the home position without having to glance down at the keyboard.
8. The Arrow near your Gas Gauge – In every car, there’s an arrow next to the Gas Gauge, and it’s the most convenient feature on any automobile. The arrow points to either the Left or the Right, and it’s there to let you know which side of the car the Gas car is on. This really comes in Handy when you’re driving a friend’s car a rental vehicle. you don’t have to wonder which side the gas tank is on the next time you pull up to the Gas Pump.
7. Shelf Life – On all beauty products, there’s a symbol with a number on the back. This number is usually A3, 6, 12 or 24, and it represent the shelf life of the product. Lip Glosses have the longest shelf life of 18-24 months, while Mascara has a shelf life of just 3 months. Taking note of this shelf life number will remind you to toss the item out after a certain amount of time. So you don’t run the risk of using expired products that may cause an infection.
6. Spaghetti Spoon – In Spaghetti Spoon , there’s usually a big hole in the center and this hole actually has a pretty cool purpose while it can be used to help strain the water after your pasta has cooked. The hold is also perfect size to measure one serving of Spaghetti Noodles. Just grab a handful of noodles, and place them into the hole until they fit snugly. It’s pretty close to the exact portion size for one meal.
5. Keyboard Feet – On the bottom of every keyboard, there are tiny retractable feet. Although you may think these feet are used to make your keyboard more ergonomic, that’s just not the case. This feature is included on all keyboards for those who are unable to type without looking at the keys. Ny retracting the feet and elevating the board, you’re able to see the keys more easily without having to strain your neck or flip up the keyboard.
4. Pot Hold – On the handle of every Pot, there’s a tiny hole on the end. and we never knew what its purpose was…..until now. The next time you’re cooking a meal you can rest your spoon in the hole, and it will be held at the perfect angle to allow any food that drips off the spoon to land back inside the Pot. Pretty Genius, Right?
3. Lollipop Sticks – After devouring a Lollipop, you may notice there’s a tiny hole located near the top of the plastic stick. This hole has a very important purpose. It’s actually used to keep the candy in place. During the production process, a bit of Lollipop is melted inside the hold to help keep the candy secured to the stick. Without this hole, it would be impossible for the Lollipop to stay put.
2. Pen Hole – On the caps of most Pens, there are a bunch of teeny tiny holes. These holes are actually there to help prevent kids from choking. If a kid were to accidentally swallow the Pen cap. The holes will allow just enough air to pass through. With this safety feature in place, there will still be enough for a patient or friend to seek medical attention for someone who swallows the cap. This is definitely a lifesaver.
1. Disc on Plastic Bottles – You may have seen a plastic disc attached to the inside of the bottle cap. When this disc removed, the cap is still able to screw on securely. So what’s its purpose? well, this disc actually creates a tight seal within Beverages. Without the plastic disc, carbonated beverages would go flat almost immediately.